WITH PLANET 21,
we have made 21 commitments in favour of sustainable development.
Health, nature, carbon, innovation, local development, employment and dialog: 21 commitments for the well-being of our world.
In all our hotels, we work with employees, guests and partners to reinvent hotels – sustainably.
Care for the planet?
Please, step in.
planet 21 is
- 7 pillars
- 21 commitments
- In 90 countries
See what Novotel has achieved
- 78% of our hotels offer eco-labeled products (cleaning products, wall paint or floor covering)
- 81% of our hotels promote balanced dishes in their restaurants
- 91% of our hotels organize prevention training for staff
- 92% of our hotels fit their showers/faucets with flow regulators
- 80% of our hotels recycle their waste
- 247 of our hotels are taking part in the Plant for the Planet reforestation project
- 89% of our hotels use energy-saving bulbs for their 24-hour lighting
- 99% of our hotels monitor and analyze their energy consumption every month
- 15 of our hotels use renewable energy sources; 11 of those have thermal solar panels
- 28% of our hotels have at least three environmentally friendly features in their rooms (e.g. bedding, bath linen or paper)
- 30% of our hotels use eco-labeled welcome products
- Almost 6,500 employees have been trained in combating sex tourism involving children
- 52% of our hotels buy and promote local food products
- 75% of our hotels protect local ecosystems by banning endangered seafood
- 95 of our hotels organize language training for employees
- 88 of our hotels organize training to combat psychosocial risks
- Novotel has been committed to the international ISO 14 001 environmental and social certification program since 2008.
- 140 of our hotels have received an environmental certification (ISO 14001 or ISO 14 001)
- 39% of franchised hotels meet the required standards for the Accor 21 Charter
Discover Novotel achievements by clicking on the symbols